Monday, June 18, 2007

Work Woe ho ho.

When it rains, it pours. When work comes your way, it's an avalanche. Just when you wonder what you're gonna do after your current task ends leaving you with one last assignment, work increases exponentially. Perhaps there is an inverse relationship between work received and work expectation. Expect less and you get hit with more. Expect more and you're scrambling to find something to do.

I don't know. I doubt I'd put the latter to test, I mean the whole concept of expecting more work runs counters to my beliefs. Which while non-existent in other areas, are certainly firmly demarcated and entrenched in the area of Work. But I can bloody well testify to other end of the equation: expect less and you get hit with more. Lots more. So as of 18 June 2007 7.40pm, I have a timeline that needs to be done, 2 Affidavits to draft, 1 Writ of Summons to Strikeout to draft and another research issue in the offings.

Not to forget good ole sai kang (literally translated as shit work): 98 Affidavits to photocopy by noon tomorrow and an urban marathon of serving notices at a certain big condominium under the blazing hot afternoon sun, door to door. But that's life isn't it?

Everyone sing along now. "...I'm only happy when it rains. You wanna hear about my new obsession? I'm riding high upon a deep depression. I'm only happy when it rains...."
Only Happy when it Rains - Garbage.

No comments: