Thursday, April 19, 2007

Studying is a Bore.


Studying, even when out of utter necessity, remains an utter bore. I'm always amazed at how people can be so motivated even passionate about plain mugging and hitting the books, sometimes with an intensity that is both enviable and downright scary. Staying over at my Granny's place for three days of self-imposed isolation, which really is a misnomer as you see I still have access to the Net, it's the little things she does that breaks the monotony of plowing through La La land inducing Law and Sociology of the Family crap.
Like when she came trundling up with some hot Chinese tea and a big packet of chocolate hazelnut wafers which I recognised as being those we bought in Austria a little under two years ago. "Studying?" she queried, picking up some notes and peering at it before shaking her head and putting it back down. "Ya." I replied then stopped as I tore open the wrapper. "Hmm why's it cold? You left it in the fridge?"
" No la, I just took it out from the freezer not too long ago. I was running out of space." she replied.
Noticing my wary glance at the wrapper, she slapped my shoulder. "Not expired la! Your uncle's fine after eating it anyway." Not that I'm an ingrate or whatever.. it's just she's innocently served me various snacks up to five years past the expiry date before. Whereupon after pointing out to her that such stuff should obviously be thrown away, she'd sometimes go, "Is it? But it's always been in the fridge! I think I just had some last month!" Hmm yes, that's my granny.
But it remained fresh and still tasted nicer than the Loacker ones. Those Austrians really know how to make their confectioneries. In other news, I'm only behind schedule by half a seminar. Having plowed through 7.5 seminars so far, I can safely conclude that if you can spout stuff like 'Laws are explicit manifestations of norms and values that dictate minimally accepted social behaviour.' and ' The children's welfare is of paramount importance in deciding matters of fairness between divorced parents' continually with various citations thrown in as 'substantiation' come the Exam, a B should be achievable.
And I leave you with Wendy Moten's classic hit, Come in out of the Rain, the new (first) song on the playlist. Perfect song when/if you want to get back together with that special person you happened to dump for varied (stupid) reasons.
Ooo-ooo-oo Ooo-oo-oo Ooo-ooo-ooo-oo
You said you believed that we'd
Find love together happily
After all the wrong I've done
You feel that I'm still the one
To give your loving to
So bring it home to you

You told me that you'd love me if I'd ever change
Welcome me into your arms again
Come on in out of the rain, hey
There's a place in your heart to love me again
Happiness and joy you bring
When you call my name
Come on in out of the rain
I loved no one but you
But I strayed, I know I made you blue
You spoke unto my very soul
You warmed my heart that once was cold
Now I'm so glad to know

You told me that you'd love me if I'd ever change
Welcome me into your arms again
Come on in out of the rain, hey
There's a place in your heart to love me again Happiness and joy you bring
When you call my name
Come on in out of the rain
Some people spend a lifetime looking for love
And I had love right here all the time
Why did I try to deny it
Deep inside I just couldn't fight it
You turned my life around
The love I lost is found
So let the rain come down

You told me that you'd love me if I'd ever change
Welcome me into your arms again
Come on in out of the rain, hey
There's a place in your heart to love me again
Happiness and joy you bring
When you call my name
Come on in out of the rain
(Come on in out of the rain) Ooooo-oh-ooo, yeah, yeah, yeah (Come on in out of the rain)Baby come out of the rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, it will be over soon dear...mucks

Aelgtoer said...

You feeling better now? Call you tomorrow. Hugs.