Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dear in Drag.

Alright I'm just thoroughly amused. The Boyfriend had earlier smsed gleefully from his company's dinner function announcing that the drag dance number his team had put up came in first and he had also clinched an additional best dressed award with a 100 bucks Tangs shopping voucher as the prize. That coming from a guy to whom the whole concept of 'drag' is an alien affair and regularly receives very unwanted attention (from my point of view) from his female colleagues. And to think that two days ago he was still lamenting over the phone that his team members commented that he looked too stiff and unnatural when performing the number. Oh I can just imagine. Ha ha.

So while on the phone with Sean later I asked him whether he felt 'more in touch with his feminine side.'
"Eh, of course not! It felt strange and that need to keep crossing my legs cause the skirt was really airy down there."
"Hmmm that drag routine didn't destroy your reputation as an eligible bachelor amongst the office ladies?"
"Nope, still very popular."
"Right.... pity. "
Then it suddenly occured to me.
"Wait, you danced in your colleague's dress and high heels? How did you fit in?"
"Squeezed a bit for the heels. But the dress was no problem."
"She's that big sized??"
"Her waistline is bigger than mine..."
"O...kaaaay...LOL."

Suits me fine, I like my guy just the way he is: a man not a drag.

It's been like what close to two weeks since I've last seen him due to my exams and his work and I miss him so badly. To see him and hold him. Two more days...I know, there are people in long distance relationships who can barely see each other once a year and hats off to those who can maintain/suffer through something like that.

Though I guess maybe once you have something, the knowledge that that special someone is nearby/available and the experiences cum memories you have just spending time with that person makes that sudden absence more unbearable than if you never had much interaction in the first place. Maybe.

For now, all I know is: I need him to Rescue me.....

Rescue Me: Aretha Franklin

Rescue me
Oh take me in your arms
Rescue me
I want your tender charms
Coz I'm lonely and I'm blue
I need you and your love too

Come on and rescue me
Come on baby and rescue me
Come on baby and rescue me
'Coz I need you, by my side
Can't you see that I'm lonely
Rescue me

Come on and take my heart
Take your love and conquer every part
'Coz I'm lonely and I'm blue
I need you and your love too
Come on and rescue me

Come on baby and rescue me
Come on baby and rescue me
'Coz I need you by my side
Can't you see that I'm lonely
Rescue me

Oh take me in your arms
Rescue me
I want your tender charms
'Coz I'm lonely and I'm blue
I need you and your love too
Come on and rescue me
Come on baby, take me baby, hold me baby, love me baby
Can't you see that I need you baby
Can't you see that I'm lonely
Rescue me

Come on and take my hand
Come on baby and be my man
Cuz I love you cuz I want you
Can't you see that I'm lonely?
Take me baby
love me baby
need me baby
Can't you see that I'm lonely?

Rescue me, rescue me.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the aretha franklin song, and am now singing away to it, and slightly bopping... which is a kind of chair dance ha ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Seems like you have some loyal fans to your blog alreadi haha....

Anonymous said...

Love you..Mucks

Aelgtoer said...

Love you too. Muack. Rescue me!
Heh and yeah that song's really infectious isn't it?
Was kinda doing that chair bopping dance myself too. Aretha Franklin can really sing. :)