Saturday, September 22, 2007

Eternal Sunshine

For the Other Half, who has always stood by and never given up on me even though I have been a veritable and absolute jerk at times. And yes Dear, I promise to check my phone to see if its on silent mode or the battery is flat in the future. ^^

The fog clung tenaciously, gloomy and clammy, its oppressive presence like some malevolent entity. Tis quiet, the muffled rustle of crushed leafs underfoot the only disturbance in this souless place.

Walking between the barely visible symmetrical rows of oaks in a sea of damp grey is strangely normal, as if it has always been done. Mind numbingly resigned, echoes a disembodied voice. Yet neither turning left nor right seems to be an attractive option.

After all, these perfectly aligned trees seem to extend in all directions into the deepening gloom. So inertia reigns and moving forward remains the direction of choice.

And there you were. Like an oasis in this grey desert. Waiting, receptive. My ever reliable but cruelly overlooked succour in times of need. Eternal sunshine of the clouded mind. For sunshine and its warmth is most sorely missed and appreciated when absent in this cold dank world.

Unwavering in its steadfastness amidst the brief flares of distraction. My eternal sunshine. Forgive me.

8 comments:

sinlady said...

more cheem version of "Dedicated to the one I love"

Aelgtoer said...

:P I like the version sung by The Mamas and the Papas. I'm such an old foggy ^^

Anonymous said...

so do you participate in any of the local cosplay events held in singapore? there's one @ expo this dec. ^_^

wildgoose said...

I'm lost. Seems like I'm the young one here. wahahaha....

Suzie Wong said...

WG--I'm not young but i'm lost also. Aiya, this post is not for us lah...

Anonymous said...

Hee...Love you dear. You are still the best. Always dedicating an entry to moi. See your fans are jealous already

Suzie Wong said...

Jealous? Uh? Even more lost now. Lol!

Aelgtoer said...

Suzie & WG: No la.. make me sound so old!! Sinlady's talking about a song (ok granted a very old song :P) originally sung by The Mamas and Papas called Dedicated to the one I love.

I just happen to like oldies :P

Suzie: Er just ignore the boy, he thinks you're fans. Dear, they aren't la ok ^^.