Monday, September 21, 2009

Edina & Patsy in Court- Mitigation Plea, Ab Fab style.



I've always loved Absolutely Fabulous, satirical, irreverent and a whole load of fun. The episode where Patsy (Joanna Lumley) and Edina (Jennifer Saunders) end up in Court after an afternoon drink driving- road rage cum shoplifting expedition to the supermarket is especially hilarious.

Now I can only imagine the outcome if the accused (or his/her solicitor) makes a mitigation plea like Edina's. Even though I suspect it is how most ordinary peeps view the law. haha.

"I was trying to take control of my life you know..

Only to find that actually it is already controlled for me! By petty bureaucracy and bits of bloody paper!!!

Ignorant petty rules and laws that obstruct every little tiny bit of action until you find that you’ve committed a crime without even knowing it!!!!!


I mean you know. Why can’t life just be a made little bit easier for everybody? Huh?!"

And when that's rejected (Is there a point to all this?), you can rely on one of the two certain things in life.

"Yes! Yes.

Why, oh why do we pay taxes!! Hmmm?

I mean just to have bloody parking restrictions and buggery ugly traffic wardens and bollocky pedestrian bloody crossings!"

But the last part takes the cake, for if all else fails propose the kind of legislation you want.

"I mean why not just have a stupidity tax! Just tax the stupid people!!! "

Yep, just tax the stupid people!! haha

No comments: